Quick Elephant Ears
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf frozen white bread dough
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil for shallow frying
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions, cut into 12 pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to form a 1/8- to
1/4-inch thick oval.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil (1/2 inch) over medium high heat. Fry bread ovals
1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shallow hot oil about 45 to 60 seconds per side or till
bread ovals are brown.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar over
the fried bread.
- Keep in oven while frying the remainder of dough.
6 servings - 12 ears
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes