Raspberry Almond Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons raspberry
- Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla extract, salt and egg yolks, beating till
light and fluffy. stir in flour and blend well.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or till
firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll first piece into
a 1-inch thick log. Cut log into 3/4-inch pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
Repeat entire process with remaining dough.
- In small bowl, slightly beat egg white. Dip each ball into egg white, roll in
almonds and place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With floured index finger,
make a deep indentation in center of each cookie and fill with 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till golden.
- Cool on rack.
Makes 3 dozen.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 4/19/02 4:53:28 am.