Raspberry Cream Cookies
Yield: 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar untill light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add flour and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2 inch deep indention in the center of each dough ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.