- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten until fluffy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Raspberry preserves*
* Strawberry or pineapple preserves may be substituted.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. With a spoon, work the butter,
Crisco, sugars and almond extract until soft. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients alternately
with water. Add oats. Mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto a cookie sheet.
Place 1/2 teaspoon raspberry preserves in the center and press in lightly. Top with
a teaspoon of dough.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes