Yield: 1 dozen cookies
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola
- 2 dates, chopped
- Raspberry jam
- Mix butter, sugar and salt in mixing bowl for 10 minutes at medium speed.
- Slowly add eggs. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Slowly add milk and vanilla extract. Scrape from side of mixing bowl.
- Add flour; mix for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Toss granola and dates in separate bowl. Using a large tablespoon, portion cookies into granola mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- Make an indentation in the center of each cookie and fill with 1 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 157 kcal Protein 4g Carbohydrate 26g Total Fat 4.4g Saturated Fat .8g Cholesterol 34mg Vitamin A 545 IU Vitamin C 0mg Iron 2.0mg Calcium 41mg Sodium 166mg Dietary Fiber 1g