- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup thick raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, with fork, beat egg, milk, butter and sugar until mixed. Add biscuit mix; stir to blend. Turn dough onto surface dusted with additional biscuit mix; knead until smooth (about 15 times).
- Roll dough into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle; spread with jam. Fold each lengthwise third of dough over center third to make a 15 x 3 inch rectangle; cut into 15 (1 inch) strips. Holding a strip at both ends, twist in opposite directions twice; lay on greased cookie sheet, firmly pressing ends to cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While warm, brush with mixture of confectioners' sugar, almond extract and milk.