Reese's Peanut Butter Crisscrosses
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
cup Reese's Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until well blended.
Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking
soda and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate for one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll balls in granulated sugar. Place on prepared
cookie sheet. With tines of fork, flatten ball. Flatten again in opposite direction,
forming crisscross marks.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown and cookie
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen.