Ricotta Cheese Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs,
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix ingredients together, adding the flour in last in small amounts while you
stir. The cookie dough will get very stiff.
- Shape into balls using a teaspoon or
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When cool, decorate with your favorite icing.
Yield: 8 dozen teaspoon size cookies or 4 dozen tablespoon size cookies
To make colored cookies add paste food coloring to the dough.