- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (9 ounce) package Rolo candy
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs. Beat well.
- Add flour and baking soda. Blend well.
- Chill dough for at least 3 hours.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough in palm of hand to form ball. Press Rolo into ball covering it completely. Flatten bottom of cookie into hand. Press other side into mixture of 1 cup chopped nuts mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place cookies nut side up on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.