Salted Caramel-Pecan Pie Bark
Part cookie, part candy and totally delicious!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/2
cups coarsely chopped pecan halves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (from 11.5-ounce jar) salted caramel topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line rectangular pan, 15 x 10 inches, with cooking parchment paper, allowing
edges to overhang 2 inches on 2 sides.
- Unroll pie crusts. Press crusts in bottom, cutting to fit; moisten seams
with finger dipped in water, and press seams firmly to seal.
- Once bottom of pan is covered, use any additional crust, cut into 1/2-inch
strips, along edges of pan to thicken edges (using same method as above). DO
NOT PRICK CRUST.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat pecans, brown sugar, water and vanilla
to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 3 minutes.
- Immediately spread evenly over hot crust.
- Drizzle caramel topping evenly over pecan mixture.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until caramel is bubbly in center.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and salt.
- Cool pan on cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Place pan uncovered in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until chocolate
chips are set.
- Lift from pan by parchment edges.
- Peel parchment from bark; cut or break bark into about 2-inch pieces.
25 min prep time
1 hr 40 min total time
Yield: 35 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 130 Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7g 11% Saturated Fat 2g 9% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 110mg
5% Total Carbohydrate 17g 6% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 10g 10% Protein 0g 0%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.