Smucker's Jelly Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup Smucker's preserves (any flavor)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
egg and vanilla extract; beat well. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. Stir to make
smooth dough. (If dough gets too hard to stir, mix with hands.)
- Refrigerate for about
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out half of the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut with a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
- Roll out remaining dough; cut with a 2 1/2
cutter with a hole in the middle. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes,
or until lightly browned.
- Cool for about 30 minutes.
- Spread preserves on plain cookie; place cookie with the hole on top.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.