Snickers Bar Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 60 Snickers Miniatures candy bars or 10 regular bars, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk (more if needed)
- Dough: In a large mixing bowl beat together margarine, peanut butter, granulated
sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to peanut butter mixture, beating
until combined. For each cookie, shape a rounded tablespoon of dough around a candy
piece, forming a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Add 1 tablespoon
milk. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make of drizzling consistency.
Yield: about 60 cookies