Snow-Covered Almond Crescents
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
almond extract or vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup QUAKER Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup finely
- Additional powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and almond extract until fluffy. Add flour and
salt, mix until well blended. Stir in oats and almonds.
- Using level measuring tablespoonsful,
shape dough into crescents.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 14-17 minutes or until
bottoms are light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Sift additional powdered sugar generously over warm cookies.
- Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.