- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Mix shortening, sugar and eggs; set side.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add to first mixture. Chill
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and roll balls into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place
balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for
8 to 10 minutes. Snickerdoodles should be lightly browned but still soft.
Makes four dozen cookies.
Cooking tip: To keep dough from spreading too much, allow cookie sheets to cool
thoroughly between batches.
Per serving: 74 calories; 3.6 g fat (0.9 g saturated fat; 44 percent calories
from fat); 9.6 g carbohydrates; 7 mg cholesterol; 23 mg sodium; 0.8 g protein; 0.2
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes