A spicy version of the commercial variety.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Cream butter and both sugars together. Beat in egg. Add molasses and vanilla
- Stir remaining ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonsful onto
greased baking sheet. Press with floured fork.
- Bake in 300 degree F oven until golden,
about 12 minutes.
Makes 6 dozen.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 9/6/02 4:53:41 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.