Stained Glass Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Quaker oats (quick or
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves (tinted green)
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla
extract. Add combined flour and salt; mix well. Stir in oats.
- Chill for several hours.
- Roll out dough about 1/8-inch thick on surface with confectioners' sugar.
Cut with 3-inch assorted shaped cookie cutters. Using smaller cutter or sharp knife,
cut out small design in center of half the cookies. Sprinkle nuts over cookies with
cut-out centers. Press lightly. Place plain cookies onto greased cookie sheet. Top
each with about 1 teaspoon preserves, spreading slightly. Top with nut-covered cookies.
- Bake in preheated moderate 375 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.