As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
or colored granulated sugar
- Powdered food coloring, optional
- Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high
speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until combined. Beat in egg, honey
and vanilla extract until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with
the mixer on medium speed. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon
- Shape the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them about 1 1/2 inches apart
on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spray a ceramic cookie stamp lightly with nonstick
cooking spray or rub it with a small amount of the cookie dough. Now, dip the stamp
lightly in granulated or colored granulated sugar. Press the stamp firmly on the
ball of dough until it's about 1/4 inch thick. If you would like the colored
sugar to appear only on the impression of the cookie stamp, wipe off excess sugar
with your fingers before stamping cookies.
- If you don't have special cookie stamps, look through your cupboards and
drawers for suitable items that have deeply cut designs. Check out the bottom of
drinking glasses, candy dishes, or dessert dishes for deep designs. A meat mallet
and potato masher also can make interesting designs. Spray the pressing surface
with nonstick cooking spray. Then dip in granulated or colored granulated sugar.
Press firmly until the cookie dough is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.
- Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes