Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies are an elegant treat. Use these for desserts, snacks
and parties. Make additional variations by using other types of marmalades.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA
FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour,
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup strawberry marmalade
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add egg yolks; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb.
- Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon marmalade.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
30 min. prep | 75 min. total | Yield: 5 dozen cookies
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.