Surprise Package Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup
packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 65 mint Andes candies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. With floured hands, shape
a tablespoonful of dough around 42 candies, forming rectangular cookies.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to
12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave or saucepan, melt remaining candies; drizzle over cookies.
Yields 3 1/2 dozen.
Source: Taste of Home - December/January 2002
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes