Swedish Heirloom Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners'
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups ground almonds
- Cream shortening and butter at medium speed of electric mixer until light and
fluffy. Add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in flour. Add
water, vanilla extract and almonds, stirring well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 15
minutes or until done.
- Dredge warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Yields 4 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes