Taffy Apple Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 packages
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons evaporated skim milk
- Nuts, ground
- Cream butter with sugar. Add egg and mix well. Blend flour with baking powder.
Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla extract. Mix well and roll into tiny balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 - 12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Remove from
oven and insert a wooden pick (colored for the holidays) deep into each cookie.
Let cool completely.
- In top of double boiler, melt 1 1/2 packages caramels with water and evaporated
milk. Stir constantly. When completely blended, dip cookies into mixture and then
- Dip bottoms in powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
- Place on tiny liners.
Yield: 120 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.