Toffee Almond Sandies
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners'
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package
English toffee bits
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add oil, eggs and extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place on
ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to
14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yields about 12 dozen.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.