Triple Chocolate Oatmeal
Orange Spice Cookies
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 heaping tablespoons unsweetened dark Dutch cocoa powder
- Grated orange peel of 3 medium or 2 large, hard, thick-skinned oranges
- 2 generous cups mixed chocolate chips*
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 2 cups packed golden sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups cooking oats (grind in food processor)
- Grated hard dark chunk chocolate for topping (optional)
* I like to use a mixture of regular size dark premium chocolate chips, white
chocolate chips and jumbo milk chocolate chips.
- Whisk baking soda, baking powder and salt into flour.
- Sift cocoa into flour mixture.
- Add grated orange peel and mixed chocolate chips into flour mixture and mix well.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add golden sugar, eggs, orange juice, vanilla extract, cloves or allspice and cinnamon and beat until
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture with rubber spatula until well blended.
Usually I slip on a clean rubber glove and mix by hand.
- Add ground cooking oats to mixture. Here you really have to use your hands!
- Shape larger than golf ball sizes of batter, flatten into cookie shape and place
on a greased cookie sheet. If you like, grated hard dark chunk chocolate is a nice
topping before the cookies go in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 2/2/2002 9:43 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes