This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
When we think of comfort food, we think of warm peanut butter cookies right
out of the oven with just a little bit of crunch. Here's a classic recipe.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place oven rack just above oven center. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar,
egg and vanilla extract; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into
butter mixture until well-blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased
cookie sheets. Gently flatten each ball with fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the top half of oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheets; cool on wire racks.
2 cookies per serving
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 258 Calories from Fat: 126
Fat: 14g Trans fats: 0g Cholesterol: 36mg Carbohydrate: 31g Protein: 5g Fiber:
1g Sodium: 303mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Peanut Board