Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
When we think of comfort food, we think of warm peanut butter cookies right
out of the oven with just a little bit of crunch. Here's a classic recipe.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place oven rack just above oven center. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar,
egg and vanilla extract; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into
butter mixture until well-blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased
cookie sheets. Gently flatten each ball with fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the top half of oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheets; cool on wire racks.
2 cookies per serving
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 258 Calories from Fat: 126
Fat: 14g Trans fats: 0g Cholesterol: 36mg Carbohydrate: 31g Protein: 5g Fiber:
1g Sodium: 303mg
Recipe and photo credit: National Peanut Board