Vanilla Dipped Gingersnaps
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and vegetable oil; mix well. Add eggs, one at
a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add
dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-inch balls and roll
in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until
cookie springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Melt vanilla chips with shortening in small saucepan over low heat. Dip the cookies
halfway; shake off excess.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet to harden.
Makes 14 1/2 dozen.
Nutrition values per cookie: 62 calories, 3 g fat, 8 g carbohydrates, trace
fiber, 1 g protein, 3 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes