This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Vienna Sugar Cookies
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer,
beat butter until creamy. Gradually add flour, blending well. Add yeast mixture;
- Refrigerate dough until chilled.
- Put sugar on a large piece of wax paper. Pinch off pieces of chilled dough the
size of small walnuts and shape into balls. Working with one ball of dough at a
time, press ball flat into sugar until dough is thin. Keep flipping dough over and
pressing it into sugar, until it is the size of a flat doughnut. Place on ungreased
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until
very lightly browned.
- Transfer to racks to cool.