This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Walnut Cheesecake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Apricot or cherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla extract, peel and salt
until well blended. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar, then flour to make
a stiff dough.
- Chill dough for easier handling.
- When dough is chilled, shape into 30 small balls, about 1 inch diameter.
egg white until foamy. Dip balls one at a time into the egg white, allowing excess
to drip back, then roll in finely chopped walnuts. Arrange about 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheets and make a depression in the center of each with handle
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown
on the bottom.
- Carefully remove to wire racks and, while hot, fill each center with
about 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Cool thoroughly.
Makes 30 cookies.