- 1 cup red or white wine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- Mix all ingredients except flour, then add the flour.
- Knead, then roll pieces of dough into a roll about 6 inches long and 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Make a loop
and put one end through. A pretzel shape is okay. Sprinkle with additional granulated
- Let dough sit 20 minutes to rise a bit.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.