Everyone's Favorite No-Bake Cookies
Make these for your family; take a plate to work; bring them along to a potluck.
Wherever you serve them, you'll hear "These are my favorite kind of cookie!"
They're everyone's favorite, but many people claim that they can't make
them - some crisis always strikes. The secret lies not only in the proportion of
ingredients, but also in the cooking time: Boil the mixture 1 minute - no less,
or the cookies won't set; no more than 1 minute, or they'll crumble apart.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place oats, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil
1 minute (no longer!).
- Remove from heat. Pour over oat mixture; stir well.
- Drop by large spoonsful onto wax paper and let cool.
Makes about 2 dozen.