This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Hawaiian Mocha Dream Squares (T&T)
These bars are just wonderful. One bite and you too will agree that they are
dreamy and delicious. It has a super creamy texture and a wonderful taste.
- 3/4 cups butter plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (good quality)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground espresso beans (finely ground)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sweet shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly brewed hot espresso coffee
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate squares
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with butter and set aide.
- First layer: Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 2-quart pan. Remove from heat and stir
in the cocoa, and 4 tablespoons of ground coffee mixing well. Add the beaten egg
and vanilla extract, mixing until completely blended.
- Gradually stir in Graham cracker crumbs, mixing well (the mixture will be thick).
Mix in the nuts and coconut and mix to combine (I sometimes add chopped maraschino
cherries which adds a great taste).
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and chill.
- Middle layer: Beat 1/4 cup of butter until soft, then gradually add the sugar
and beat until creamy smooth. Stir in only enough of the espresso coffee to make
the mix smooth and easy to spread. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and spread
over the first layer. Return to refrigerator.
- Top layer: Melt chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a double boiler
and the remainder of the ground coffee, mixing to combine. Spread the mixture thinly
and evenly over the middle layer.
- Return to refrigerator and chill for 1 hour until
the top layer has set completely.
- Cut into small squares that will give you 36 pieces.
I like to line the pan with plastic wrap. This way I can cut the squares
on a cutting board and not scratch up my baking pans
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 3:35 pm.