This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
No-Bake Chocolate-Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled old fashioned oats (not instant)
- In a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar, butter
and milk. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add peanut butter and vanilla extract, stirring
- Stir in the oats until well combined.
- Drop by spoonsful onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Let the cookies stand until set.
Yield: about 40 small or 24 large cookies
Don't overcook, or the cookies will be dry and crumbly.
Don't make these on a rainy day. They will spread.
Substitute crunchy peanut butter for regular peanut butter.
You can also add raisins or Craisins to the cookies. Do that after boiling along
with the remaining ingredients.