Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 ounces butter or margarine (8 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oatmeal or rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter (if used), oats and vanilla extract in a
large mixing bowl.
- Combine the margarine, milk, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to
a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 full minute.
- Combine the hot mixture with the oatmeal
and chocolate chip mixture; stir well.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonsful onto wax
paper or parchment paper.
Prep Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes | Yield: 30 (2-inch) cookies