No-Bake Penuche Drop Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Combine nuts, oats and vanilla extract in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil
for 1 minute (start timing once the boil starts).
- Pour over nuts, oats and vanilla extract.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto wax paper. Cool.
For chocolate drops use 2 cups granulated sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa. You
can also add peanut butter and/or chocolate chips, carob chips, coconut, etc. to
the oatmeal/nut mixture before pouring the hot sugar mixture over.