Buttery Snowflake Cookies
A wonderful spritz cookie with cinnamon in it. These freeze
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and egg yolk, continue to cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Fill a cookie press
or pastry bag with dough and form cookies onto an ungreased
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in oven, until the cookies are golden
brown on the peaks and the bottoms.
- Remove at once to cool on wire racks.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.