Buttery Snowflake Cookies
A wonderful spritz cookie with cinnamon in it. These freeze
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and egg yolk, continue to cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Fill a cookie press
or pastry bag with dough and form cookies onto an ungreased
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in oven, until the cookies are golden
brown on the peaks and the bottoms.
- Remove at once to cool on
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.