Buttery Spritz Cookies
You need a cookie press to make these cookies.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combined confectioners' sugar and butter; blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Fill cookie press with a small amount of dough into desired shapes onto an ungreased
cookie sheet. If desired, you can decorate the cookies with sprinkles and colored
sugar crystals at this point.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Yield: 7 dozen cookies