Caramel Spritz Cookies (T&T)
I drizzle these with bittersweet melted chocolate. Yummy!
Yield: approximately 60 to 70 cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups sifted ll-purpose flour (sift first, then measure)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream shortening until light. Gradually add sugar and dark brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to creamed mixture while mixer is running.
- Fill press and form desired shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every time.
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.