Cookie Press Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract*
- Food coloring, if desired
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Mix together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Add food coloring, if desired. Mix together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix into the wet mixture. Refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Attach the desired shape disk. Fill cookie press not quite full. Press onto ungreased cookie sheet close together. Add sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. The tops should not be browned.
* You can substitute almond, rum or any other flavor you desire.
At Christmas-time, you can use the tree-shaped disk and decorate with green colored sugar.