Cream Cheese Cookie Press Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and cream cheese well.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Using a cookie press, place cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes until light brown.
You can use almond extract instead of the lemon extract.
A nice Christmas touch is to tint the dough with green food coloring, then sprinkle the cookies with red sugar before baking.