Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies (T&T)
I make a variety of spritz cookies and this is the best cream
cheese cookie that I have found. I sometimes like to substitute
1 teaspoon coconut and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract for the lemon
or orange extract. The combination of coconut and almond is
wonderful. Play around with the extracts and see which one you
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 3 ounces Philly cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks and extract beating well.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Add to creamed mixture
in 3 additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill press and make desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.