Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies (T&T)
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 3 ounces Philly cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks and extract beating well.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Add to creamed mixture
in 3 additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill press and make desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
I make a variety of spritz cookies and this is the best cream
cheese cookie that I have found. I sometimes like to substitute
1 teaspoon coconut and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract for the lemon
or orange extract. The combination of coconut and almond is
wonderful. Play around with the extracts and see which one you
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.