This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- In mixer bowl beat together butter or margarine, molasses and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- In another bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon,
salt, cloves and ginger.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using 1/4 of dough, place in cookie press.
- Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until set, but not brown.
Yield: 5 dozen