Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies (T&T)
This is another version of a lemon cream cheese spritz cookie.
The only difference is that you use butter instead of shortening
and fresh lemon juice for the extract and lemon peel. I think
the butter gives the cookies a richer taste.
- 1 cup softened sweet butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- To the creamed mixture add egg, lemon peel, lemon juice, flour
and baking powder, beating until creamy smooth.
- Fill press with dough and form desired shapes onto ungreased
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly
browned on edges.
Yield: approximately 5 dozen
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every time.
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.