- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Few drops yellow food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Blend together butter and cream cheese; add sugar and cream
thoroughly until fluffy.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, lemon rind and yellow food coloring.
- Add to butter mixture until well blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together; add to creamed mixture.
Mix until well blended.
- Place dough in refrigerator, and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Force 2-inch ribbon strips through cookie press onto ungreased
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 dozen