Mascarpone Spritz Cookies
Mascarpone cheese adds yummy richness and decadence to elevate buttery spritz cookies. A twist on the classic, these cookies will become a must-have holiday or special occasion favorite!
Yield: about 9 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cello® Rich and Creamy Mascarpone cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Green and red food coloring (optional)
- Assorted sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in mascarpone.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract and salt; beat until mixture is blended.
- Gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Divide the dough into thirds. Tint dough with food coloring if desired.
- Fill cookie press with dough according to manufacturer’s directions. Press dough 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are just golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.