Mint Spritz Cookies
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, eggs, vanilla extract, peppermint extract extract and food coloring.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon dough into a cookie press fitted template of desired shape.
- Press cookies 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.