Norwegian Butter Cookies
Yield: 48 cookies
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (measure after sifting)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Cookie press or pastry bag with a large star tip
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, then slowly beat in sugar. Add lightly beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Blend well. Add vanilla extract.
- Fill cookie press or pastry bag with one quarter of dough at a time. Pipe cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes while on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Over waxed paper, lightly dust with powdered sugar.
Store cookies in airtight container.