Orange Spritz Cookies (T&T)
I love to dip half of the cookie in some melted bittersweet chocolate. The combination of orange and chocolate just compliments each other.
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice*
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift first, then measure)
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter until light.
- Gradually add sugar and light brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add orange juice and mix well.
- Add egg and orange zest until combined.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and while machine is running on low, gradually add the flour mixture until totally combined.
- Fill press and form desired shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
Yield: approximately 60 to 70 cookies
* I use frozen concentrate, thawed and not diluted.
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every time:
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.