Patchwork Spritz Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Paste food colors
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat well.
- Stir together flour and baking powder;
gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough.
Do not chill.
- Divide dough. Add to each section enough food
coloring to achieve color desired. Knead by hand wearing a rubber glove.
- Place dough into a cookie press (you can put more than
one color in the press to get multi-color cookies) and press
cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from sheet.
- Cool on rack.
Yield: approximately 6 dozen cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.