This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies (T&T)
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift flour first, then measure)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream shortening until light. Gradually add sugar and brown
sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix, then
add peanut butter and hot water, beating well.
- Sift flour and baking soda together and gradually add dry ingredients
to creamed mixture.
- Fill press and form cookies to desired shapes on an ungreased
- Bake approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly
browned around edges.
Yield: approximately 60 cookies
I sometimes take the honey roasted peanuts and finely chop them
and sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking. I
sometimes melt some bittersweet chocolate and
drizzle over the tops of the cookies (with or without the chopped nuts).
This is a tried and true method of achieving consistency every time.
- Don't grease cookie sheets.
- Add flour gradually.
- Check for dough consistency before adding all of the flour.
- If dough is too dry, add 1 egg yolk.
- If dough is too soft, chill 30 to 60 minutes.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 3:02 pm.