This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 1/2 cups butter (use the real thing)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan flour, or finely ground pecans*
- Red and green decorating sugar or other holiday sprinkles
* To make 1 cup pecan flour, process 1 1/4 pecans in the bowl of a blender. A
small food processor will do the trick as well.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Put unchilled dough through a cookie press onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until firm but not brown.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/21/2001 7:42 pm.