Ultimate Extra Tender Press Cookies
Yield: 40 to 50 cookies
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/8 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix butter into dry ingredients above until soft dough forms.
- Fill cookie press with dough, set at thick setting. Press onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
Substitute 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar plus 1/2 cup Hershey's instant hot cocoa mix for the 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. This makes a more crunchy cookie.
Substitute 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar plus 1/4 cup Kool-Aid lemonade mix for the 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar.